- Title: Apple For The Teacher Cupcakes
- Fandom: Snow White
- Yield: 10
- There are multiple Disney-related recipes posted under my ‘disney cookbook’ tag.
- Image and recipe source are the same.
Note: For a ‘poison apple’ feel you can replace certain parts of this recipe such as the filling or the cupcake ‘mix’. However, when doing so, remember that the bake times may no longer be accurate for your cupcakes. (Ingredients that turn the insides green/black/blue/yellow/blood red would look more poisonous.)
- 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 80ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 apple, cored and grated finely
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 20 currants or chocolate chips (to look like pips)
- Red fondant
- 10 pieces of straight pretzels
- 10 mint green jelly diamonds or leaves
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180°C and line a cupcake tray with red cupcake liners.
- Step 2 - Sift the flour into a medium bowl, then add a pinch of salt and the caster sugar. In a jug, combine the vegetable oil, egg, buttermilk, grated apple apple juice and vanilla extract. Add to the dry mixture and stir to only just combine. It will be thick and puffy. Spoon into the prepared pans and then drop the currants in-about three currants or choc chips per cupcake will do. Then cover with the remaining batter to reach three quarters of the way up.
- Step 3 - Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Step 4 - Roll out the red fondant and find a round cutter that fits the tops of the cupcakes and cut out rounds. Smooth the tops over with overheard projection film-I cut up a sheet into rectangles and gently rub the fondant to become smooth. Stick a piece of pretzel into the top and using a little gentle pressure, stick the leaf onto the fondant just next to the pretzel.